Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Anna Olson's Pear Almond Tart

I always seem to purchase too much fruit for one person to reasonably eat, so end up with a glut of it on the verge of going off. In my search for a way to use up some pears, I came across this gluten free tart in a recipe on the Food Network site. It doesn't really have a cake texture, more of a squidgy/meringue-y/sticky goodness texture... and if that's not enough to sell it I don't know what is.

Pear Almond Tart:
2 ripe pears
1/2 tsp cardamom
1 tbsp sugar
2 cups ground almonds
6 eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp almond extract

Preheat oven to 350F/180C and butter a 14"x3" pan or tart shell. Halve and core the pears, then toss with cardamom and 1 tbsp sugar. Blend together almonds, eggs, 1 3/4 cups sugar, and almond extract, then pour into your buttered pan. Press the pears into the batter, cut side up. Bake for 40-50 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I always buy too much everything, not just fruit...sigh. That tart looks scrumptious, perfectly moist on the inside and a nice crispy top. Yumms! Nice job, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love almonds. thanks for posting this.
    bakery near me

    ReplyDelete